A Healthy liver, a healthy life / Detoxifies your liver and promotes a healthy appetite.
LIVOFLY-SF is natural hepato-protective decoction based syrup which helps to keep the liver healthy, and improves digestion & all body metabolisms. It allows for a gradual detoxification of liver & kidneys by promoting a comprehensive elimination of toxins from the body. It stimulates secretion of bile from the liver and exerts laxative & carminative effects. This syrup has many potent natural antioxidants which have the ability to block the bioactivation of several toxins like CCl4, Paracetamol, Isoniazide, Rifampicin and Pyrazinamide by inhibiting the CYP2E1 activity.
*Livofly-SF is formulated for diabetics, and those with impaired sugar control or prohibited/contraindicated sugar intake. It does not increase blood sugar level.
Description of Preclinical study for Product efficacy: – Livofly treatment showed a dose dependent effect on improving liver function parameter specially ALT and AST in Paracetamol induced hepatotoxicity in Wistar rats.
Description of Preclinical study for Product Safety:-It was found to be safe in both acute (single dose administration) and repeated dose (28 days administration) toxicity studies.
These preclinical studies show Livofly to be devoid of clinically significant adverse effects.
- During formulation and production, all raw materials and finished goods are tested for microbial contaminations, heavy metals, pesticides and aflatoxins.
- Pre-clinical studies report significant hepatoprotective action.
- Livofly normalizes SGOT, SGPT and Serum Bilirubin levels.
- Improves antioxidant enzyme defense system
: SOD, CAT, and GST/GSH.
- Safe for long use
- Delicious mint flavor
- Alcohol free: causes no drowsiness.
- Anorexia and Loss of Appetite
- Viral Hepatitis
- Liver Disorders Including Fatty Acid Associated with Protein-Energy Malnutrition
- Alcoholic Liver Disease
- Pre-Cirrhotic Conditions And Early Cirrhosis
- Liver Damage Due To Radiation Therapy & Chemotherapy
- Drug Induced Liver Toxicity
Vasa (Adhatodavasica):- Vasa significantly reduces the levels of serumSGPT and SGOT, and considerably increases the total protein and albumin/globulin ratio level.
Kalmegha (Andrographispaniculata):-A. paniculata shows benefits against liver damage caused by agents with different hepatotoxic mechanisms. Kalmegha has antipyretic (lowers fevers), anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, antiparasitic and hepatoprotective (liver protecting) activities.
Kutaki (Picrorhizakurroa):-Kutaki has been shown to protect liver cells from a wide variety of liver toxins. When compared with silymarin?, the hepatoprotective effect was found to be similar, or in many cases, superior.
Guduchi (Tinosporacordifolia):-Guduchi supports liver and helps in the recovery process from Hepatitis A and B, drug and alcohol addiction, the after effects of chemotherapy and a lethargic liver.
Triphala (Emblicaofficinalis, Terminaliabelerica, and Terminaliachebula):- Triphala is rich in antioxidants, possesses antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-cancer properties and contains several compounds that give health benefits, including gallic acid, chebulagic acid, chebulinic acid etc. Triphala has a combination of both nutritional as well as blood and liver cleansing activities.
Composition:- Each 10 ml decoction base syrup made from
Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)*Fr. 350 mg
Bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica) *Fr. 350 mg
Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)*Fr. 350 mg
Guduchi(Tinospora cordifolia)*St. 700 mg
Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)*Lf. 175 mg
Kalmegha(Andrographis paniculata)*A.Pt. 175 mg
Nimba (Azadirachta indica) *St. Bk. 175 mg
Kutaki (Picrorhiza kurroa)*Rz. & Rt. 175 mg
Kakmachi (Solanum nigrum) *W.P. 175 mg
Bhumyamlaki (Phyllanthus niruri) *W.P. 350 mg
Bhringraj (Eclipta alba) *W.P. 350 mg
Peetpapra (Fumaria parviflora)*W.P. 350 mg
Vidanga (Embelia ribes) *Fr. 350 mg
Sarpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea) *W.P. 350 mg
Muli (Raphanus sativus)*Sd. 175 mg
Adult: 1-2 teaspoonful twice a day before meal.
Children: 0.5-1 teaspoonful twice a day before meal.
Continue the treatment for 1-3 months till complete relief or as directed by the physician.
Storage Conditions:- Store in cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight
Side Effects: – :No side effects like jaundice, stomach upsets, or fluid accumulations (generally seen with modern medicines) are observed with Livofly.
Diseases related to the liver:-
Liver is the largest organ inside the human body. It helps your body to digest food, store energy, and remove poisons. Some diseases related to liver are :-
Viral hepatitis:- It is an inflammatory condition of the liver. It’s commonly caused by many drugs and toxic agents as well as by numerous viruses. Viruses causing hepatitis are; Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis D, Hepatitis E.
Symptoms: May range from mild to severe fever, enlarged and tender liver, anorexia, uneasiness, diarrhea, nausea, loss of appetite, abdominal discomfort, dark-coloured urine and yellowing of skin and eyes.
Jaundice (Irectus):- Jaundice results from the accumulation of bilirubin – a product of haemoglobin metabolism – in the body tissue. The process of haemoglobin metabolism takes place in liver. Hyperbilirubinemia may be due to abnormalities in the formation, transport, metabolism and excretion of bilirubin. Jaundice is seen in both adults and children and is characterized by yellowish tinge of the skin and the sclera (white part of the eye).
Symptoms: Yellow coloured skin, Yellow Sclera, Dark yellow urine and Paler stools, Pruritis (itching), Fatigue, Abdominal pain – typically indicates a blockage of the bile duct., Weight loss, Vomiting, Fever, Total serum bilirubin is normally 0.2-1.2mg/dl; jaundice may not be recognizable until levels are about 3 mg/dl.
Fatty liver disease.:- There are two types of fatty liver– alcoholic & nonalcoholic/nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.
Some fat on the liver is normal, but when it starts to accumulate to greater than 5-10 percent, it can lead to permanent liver damage and cirrhosis. It also increases the chance of liver failure or liver cancer. Causes of nonalcoholic fatty liver are obesity (in ≥ 40%), diabetes mellitus (in ≥ 20%), high triglycerides (in ≥ 20%), diet, genetics, and hepatitis. Other risk factors include rapid weight loss, and high cholesterol, obstructive sleep apnoea, metabolic disorders. There are no medical treatments for fatty liver disease, though avoiding alcohol, eating a healthy diet, and exercising can help prevent or reverse fatty liver disease in its early stages. Uses of liver supplements are beneficial for relieving the symptoms associated with it.
Symptoms: Most of the patients are asymptomatic or with enlarged liver, fatigue, pain in the upper right abdomen.
Cirrhosis:-Cirrhosis occurs in response to liver injury, such as the inflammation in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. As the liver tries to halt inflammation, it produces areas of scarring (fibrosis). With continued inflammation, fibrosis spreads to take up more and more liver tissue.
Symptoms: During the early stage of cirrhosis, the patient will feel tired and weak, their palms may be blotchy and red, they lose more weight, have itchy skin, insomnia, abdominal pain and tenderness, and a loss of appetite
Alcoholic liver:- Excessive alcohol intake can lead to fatty liver, hepatitis and cirrhosis. The frequency of alcoholic cirrhosis is estimated to be 10-15% among persons who consume over 50g of alcohol daily for over 10 years.
Early symptoms:-abdominal (tummy) pain; loss of appetite; fatigue; feeling sick; diarrhea; feeling generally unwell.
- yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- swelling in the legs, ankles and feet, due to a build-up of fluid (oedema)
- swelling in your abdomen, due to a build-up of fluid known as ascites
- a high temperature (fever) and shivering attacks
- very itchy skin and hair loss
- unusually curved fingertips and nails (clubbed fingers)
- significant weight loss, weakness and muscle wasting
- vomiting blood and black, tarry stools due to internal bleeding*Vitiation of pitta dosha is the main cause for diseases related to Liver. Herbal decoction based syrup Livofly is found to be very effective in protecting the liver and curing all kinds of liver diseases.
Important health tips:-
- Have a balanced and healthy diet: less fatty foods and more fibre.
- Regular exercise and have an active lifestyle
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid deep fried foods.
- Avoid toxins.Disclaimer: The information on this page is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Duration of treatment and onset of action with the medicine depends on various factors like severity & symptoms of disease, age & physical conditions of the patient etc. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat your problem without consulting your Doctor.