Colonofly is a decoction based syrup, the ingredients used in Colonofly have their individual therapeutic efficacy in the management of vibandh (constipation).
Few ingredients of Colonofly contain sennoside & anthraquinone glycosides which is a well-known laxative compound.
The plant Kutki acts as a laxative in small doses due to its major bioactive compounds Kutkin (contain picroside-I, II, III and kutkoside).
Few other ingredients of Colonofly show digestive stimulatory effects which is associated with positive effects on trypsin and pancreatic lipase and its ability to increase gastric motility.
Description of Preclinical study for Product safety:
It was found to be safe in acute (single dose level of 2000 mg/kg body weight administration) toxicity studies. Gross pathological examination did not reveal any abnormalities or any signs of toxicity during the study period of 14 days.
- During formulation and production, all raw materials and finished goods are tested for microbial contaminations, heavy metals, pesticides and aflatoxins.
- Delicious mint flavor.
- Alcohol free: Causes no drowsiness.
Indication/Targeted Group:-Useful in all types of Constipation
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula):- A natural laxative-contains dietary fibers. It helps to digest the undigested food residue, thereby inducing and restoring normal peristaltic movement of intestine by governing vata. As an anulomana (aperient), helps in proper excreta formation, removes obstruction and brings flatus and faeces downwards. Helps eliminate toxins from the body. Haritaki has a wide antibacterial activity. It helps to inhibit growth of harmful E. coli and C. perfringens bacteria. However, the antibacterial effect of Terminalia chebula does not affect the growth of the beneficial bacteria in the intestines. Hence, intake of Haritaki helps to preserve the normal intestinal flora.
- Kutaki(Picrorhiza kurroa):- A laxative, stomachic, anthelmintic, cardiotonic and antipyretic.Promotes appetite and beneficial in kapha, biliousness, yellow fever, urinary discharge, hiccough, blood troubles, burning sensations, leucoderma and jaundice.As bhedana (purgative), it either breaks down constipated faecal matter or disintegrates the vitiated doshas allowing their expulsion.The plant contains major bioactive compounds, such aspicroside-I, II, III and kutkoside and a bitter glycosidal principle, kutkin. Acts as a laxative even in small doses.
- Trivrit(Operculina turpethum):- Treats constipation, hepato and splenomegaly, intoxication, worm infestation, haemorrhoids & fistula. Laxative, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-helminthic and anti-arthritic are the effects of crude root powder.Accelerates defecation. Liquefies and expels stool, whether formed or unformed, from the body.
- Draksha(Vitis vinifera):- Its ripe fruit is laxative, purgative, diuretic, aphrodisiac and appetizer. Its purgative action owes to the combination of the properties of cellulose, sugar and organic acid in them. Tones up the stomach and intestines and relieves the most chronic constipation.
- Svarnapatri(Cassia angustifolia):- Leaves and pods have strong purgative action: Useful in chronic constipation. Its anthraquinone glycosides, especially sennoside A and B, stimulate Auerbach’s plexus resulting in increased intestinal muscle contraction. Its mucilage content decreases bodily absorption of fluid leading to an enhancement of the final laxative action.
Composition:- Each 10 ml decoction based syrup made from
Haritaki (Terminaliachebula)*Fr. 1200mg
Kutaki (Picrorhizakurroa)*Rz.&Rt. 200mg
Trivrit (Operculinaturpethum)*Rt.Bk. 800mg
Vidanga (Embeliaribes)*Fr. 600mg
Shunthi (Zingiberofficinalis)*Rz. 200mg
Draksha (Vitisvinifera)*Fr. 600mg
Bibhitaki (Terminaliabelerica)*Fr. 600mg
Svarnapatri (Cassia angustifolia)*Lf. 800 mg
- Adult: 20-30 ml at bed time.
- Children: 10-15 ml at bed time or as directed by physician.
Storage Conditions:- Store in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Side Effects: No side effects are observed with Colonofly.
Contra-indications: Not applicable.
What is constipation?
According to Ayurveda, Constipation is known as Vibandh/mala badhata. It is a bowel dysfunction due to irregular functioning of saman vayu, pachak pitta and cledhak kapha in the stomach & intestine. But it is the apana vayu, in the large intestine that plays the major role and causes dryness in stool, slowing down the peristaltic movements and hence leading to constipation.
Treatment according to Ayurveda is balancing vata dosha and correcting digestion.
- Not enough fiber in diet
- Abuse of laxatives
- Not enough liquids
- Ignoring the urge to have a bowel movement
- Lack of exercise
- Specific diseases such as hypothyroidism, hypercalcaemia, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s etc.
- Medications (antacids, anti-histamines, anti-psychotic drugs, aspirin, beta blockers,anti-hypertensive drugs, iron and calcium supplements, diuretics, calcium channel blockers etc.)
- Problems with the colon and rectum
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Problems with intestinal function (chronic idiopathic constipation).
- Changes in life or routine, such as-pregnancy, older age, and travel.
- Fewer than 3 bowel movements a week.
- Straining during passage of stool.
- Lumpy or hard stools.
- Feeling that you need to have a bowel movement but can’t.
- Feeling that you cannot fully empty your bowels.
- Headache & malaise.
Important health tips:-
- Keep yourself hydrated every time.
- Take a glass of warm water in early morning.
- Eat an adequate breakfast.
- Use of rich fiber diet like beans, brown rice, whole cereals, entire fruits, citrus fruits, legumes in diet.
- Don’t suppress the urge to defecate.
- Regular physical exercise is a must for proper bowel movement.
- Pranayama and yoga are also beneficial. Yoga such as pavan muktasana, balasana, ardha matsyendrasana, that help to relieve constipation.
Disclaimer:The information on this page is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Duration of treatment and onset of action with the medicine depends on various factors like severity & symptoms of disease, age & physical conditions of the patient etc. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat your problem without consulting your Doctor.